Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
100 grams dark chocolate (I like to use Belgian chocolate wafers)
100 grams butter
150 grams soft brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 grams All purpose flour, sifted
Medium pot with 1 cup water if using double boiler method
4 ramekins/ foil cups
1 small bowl and 1 medium sized bowl (heat proof)
Hand whisk or silicone spatula
Grease well the ramekins or foil cups with butter.
* Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the medium bowl (heat proof) put the chocolate and butter and melt over double boiler (put a pot of water on low heat and let it simmer). Make sure the bowl isn't touching the water. Using a whisk or spatula, gently mix the chocolate while it's starting to melt. Make sure everything is well mixed and melted. Or microwave in 30 second breaks till the chocolate and butter are melted, make sure to stir after each break.
- Remove the chocolate mixture bowl and wipe the bottom. Keep aside for a couple of minutes ( about 10 minutes) to cool.
- Stir in the sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix it in. Now add the flour and gently fold it.
- Pour into the prepared ramekins or foil cups- *if you're going to bake immediately then make sure to preheat the oven. Or at this point you can refrigerate the mixture to bake when ready to eat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (If your oven is too hot then it's best to bake for 10 minutes) or till sides are ready and the center is loose on the touch, slightly baked but not thoroughly.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates and serve with ice-cream or whipped cream and some fruits.